Madron Parish Amenities

Landithy Hall

Landithy Hall, which opened in 1909, is situated in the centre of Madron village and close to the King William IV public house. The building has a main large central hall, with a stage and a balcony, kitchen area and cloakrooms. The hall is well suited for theatricals and for cinema screenings. There are also two other meeting rooms with their own kitchen and toilet facility. Landithy host many events and the facilities are heavily booked. Madron Parish Council holds the majority of its meetings here, with the other venue being Trythall School, near New Mill. For bookings and hire of the facilities, contact the caretaker: Connie Strowger Tel: 01736 448569

King George V Playing Fields, Sports Pavilion and Playpark

The King George V playing field is in Madron village on Aldreath Road. It has a full size marked out football pitch fitted with goalposts and has an adjacent sports pavilion containing home and away changing rooms and showers, toilets, a kitchen area and a central reception room. There is also a disabled toilet and a ramp access into the pavilion. The pavilion is reached by a hard surface track and has car parking. The facility can be booked for matches or training, and the pavilion and field are available for hire for events, e.g. dog shows or a children’s party. At the entrance to the field is a parish council maintained playpark for younger children. Bookings for the pitch and/or the pavilion should be made with the Madron Parish Clerk: Mrs Jodie Ellis Tel: 07855774357, E Mail madronpcclerk@hotmail.com