The Parish Council income comes from:
- The precept set by the Parish Council which is an additional amount added to the council tax for each household and collected on the Parish Council’s behalf by Cornwall Council
- A Council Tax Support Grant set by Cornwall Council
- A Local Maintenance Partnership (LMP) grant from Cornwall Council for the maintenance of footpaths and bridleways
- A portion of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) paid to Cornwall Council by developers on new developments within the parish. See https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/media/40812137/cil-guidance-for-town-and-parish-councils-final.pdf for details of how the CIL funds parish councils.
The Parish Council sets a budget for the year at the April meeting.
All the council’s payments including those over £500 can be found listed in the agendas and in the minutes.
The main items of expenditure are the staff costs for the Parish Clerk, the contracts for footpath and bridleway maintenance, the costs for new assets (e.g. a bus shelter), the maintenance and repair of existing assets, and any grants to parish community organisations.
All expenditure is authorised in the monthly minutes of Council meetings and audited. In addition there is expenditure on items such as:
- The Trafalgar Day celebrations
- The provision of the village Christmas tree
- Emptying of litter bins
- Cutting the playing field and play areas
- Cutting the churchyard
- Maintenance of the bus shelter
The Parish Council accounts are audited internally twice a year by appointed councillors, and annually by an independent internal auditor.
The audited accounts are then submitted to an external audit made by the Audit Commission and signed off by their appointed auditor.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) annual report 2021-2022
Madron Parish Council accounts for 2021 /2022
The External Auditor for the accounts is: PKF Littlejohn
CIL Expenditure 2020 / 2021
End of year accounts 2020 / 2021
Agar 2020/2021 – amendments
Please find below amended section 1 and section 2 and clarification on the amendments and associated documents.
Madron Parish council grants policy
Madron Parish Council – end of year accounts 2020 2021
Please find below, Sections 1 and 2 of the end of year AGAR and the notice of the unaudited accounts and dates for exercise of public rights.
AGAR Section 3 – 2019 2020
Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2019 2020
Exercise of Public Rights
Agar 2019/2020 – Unaudited accounts
CO0078 S3 Annual Return 1819 1
CO0078 AGAR Annual Return 1819 2
Notice Of Conclusion Of Audit 1
Madron Parish Council – Completion of Audit for the 2018/2019 Year end accounts:
Section 3 – Audit Report 2018/2019
Section 2 – Accounting Statements 2018/2019
Annual Governance Statement – 2018/2019
2017/2018 – Annual Accounts Section 1, 2, 3 & Notice of Conclusion of Audit
Please find below the Annual Accounts 2017/2018 for Madron Parish Council, sections 1, 2, 3 & Conclusion of Audit
Section 3 External Auditor’s Report
Please find below the Public Rights Notices of Audit for 2017/2018
Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2016/2017
Please find below the Annual Notice of conclusion of Audit for Madron Parish Council 2016/2017.