The Parish Council income comes from:
- The precept set by the Parish Council which is an additional amount added to the council tax for each household and collected on the Parish Council’s behalf by Cornwall Council
- A Council Tax Support Grant set by Cornwall Council
- A Local Maintenance Partnership (LMP) grant from Cornwall Council for the maintenance of footpaths and bridleways
- A portion of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) paid to Cornwall Council by developers on new developments within the parish. See https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/media/40812137/cil-guidance-for-town-and-parish-councils-final.pdf for details of how the CIL funds parish councils.
The Parish Council sets a budget for the year at the April meeting.
All the council’s payments including those over £500 can be found listed in the agendas and in the minutes.
The main items of expenditure are the staff costs for the Parish Clerk, the contracts for footpath and bridleway maintenance, the costs for new assets (e.g. a bus shelter), the maintenance and repair of existing assets, and any grants to parish community organisations.
All expenditure is authorised in the monthly minutes of Council meetings and audited. In addition there is expenditure on items such as:
- The Trafalgar Day celebrations
- The provision of the village Christmas tree
- Emptying of litter bins
- Cutting the playing field and play areas
- Cutting the churchyard
- Maintenance of the bus shelter
The Parish Council accounts are audited internally twice a year by appointed councillors, and annually by an independent internal auditor.
The audited accounts are then submitted to an external audit made by the Audit Commission and signed off by their appointed auditor.
The External Auditor for the accounts is: PKF Littlejohn
Please find below amended section 1 and section 2 and clarification on the amendments and associated documents.
Please find below, Sections 1 and 2 of the end of year AGAR and the notice of the unaudited accounts and dates for exercise of public rights.
Please find below the Annual Notice of conclusion of Audit for Madron Parish Council 2016/2017.